Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Gifts

What fun I have been having my rainbow of fabrics. These are a couple 13" x 18" wallhangings I have made based on the log cabin pattern. I've never really had any education in traditional quilting, so I don't know if the arragement is based on anything tradtional or not. I just put the colors together in a way I liked. They are sewed together with a zig-zag in copper thread. I haven't finished the edges yet or trimmed all the loose threads yet. I think I might try a copper foil binding. It that doesn't work, I'll try a zig-zag. I'm planning on mounting them so they will be ready to frame if desired.
I love the cheeriness the bright colors add to my day. I hope the people who recieve them have the same feeling.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, those are *so cool*! The zig-zagging is a wonderful design element and the colors are so gorgeous. Beautiful work. They made me happy, too!

Cheryl said...

beautiful!

Vivien Zepf said...

These are wonderful. I love the colors. I don't think I've ever seen an arrangement of log cabin blocks like the one in your second piece. It's very cool. Lucky recipients!

Carrie said...

I know this is an old post but I just had to say these are gorgeous!!!