Much of the beading is done, well, about half of my prepped covers. I made the mistake of keeping track of the time it takes me. Each cover is about an hour giving it my half attention. I'm sure I could finish faster if I wasn't watching a movie, reading email, or hanging out with the family at the same time, but I need something to keep my hands busy during those times and this is a lot more productive than playing collapse on my phone. At the rate I'm going, each journal is going to take about 3 hours. Then I figured the materials at about $15 each. I'm glad I like to work for minimum wage!
I took advantage of the clean table this morning to work on the inside pages. I start with 30"x22" sheets of Kilimanjaro 140lbs 100% cotton watercolor paper. I tear them into pieces 11"x7.5" and fold them in half. Then it's four folded sheets per signature and four signatures per book. I managed 10 books before my back and arms were aching. The tearing gets my back and the folding gets my arm as I push down to get a crisp fold. One day I will have a nice high work table in a beautiful studio, but for now I'm content to use the dining room table.
Next on the agenda is sewing the signatures together and assembling the books. I am so glad that I love the process!