Monday, May 2, 2011

Discover


Discover
3"x5"
I case you hadn't noticed, these are my latest series of little art quilts.  I decided to go a little larger, 3"x5" (I know, I went crazy), so I could use my collection of metal letter to spell out larger words.  I could only fit three or four letter words on my mini 2"x3" quilts.  I mounted these on 5"x7" cards.  I thought it would be fun to post them individually and respond to each.  They are saved on my computer in alphabetical order so I am just going down the list.

Today's word happens to be "Discover."  What does it mean to discover?  I'm thinking that it is when you learn, find or figure something out on your own, without someone else just giving you the information.  I'm not very good at listening when someone tells me what or how do something.  Discovery is a much more affective means of learning for me.  It may not always be the easiest though.  Sometimes I have to do things the hard way.  Sometimes I have to do a lot of digging.  And sometimes I am so lost I don't even know where to start.  But it's worth it. 

No comments: