Monday, September 22, 2008

A Rainbow of Raw Materials

The raw materials are done. I spent the weekend painting a quilting away. I have a whole rainbow of quilted fabrics and fabric paper. For one set, I quilted white fabric and then painted it with very watery acrylic and fabric paints. For the other set, I painted the fabric first and then quilted with metallic threads. I'm not sure exactly what I am going to do next, but I know that I need to get to work on my twelve by twelve piece. Shelter, very fitting for the last two months. I started one idea, but it just wasn't working. Now, I've got one week. I think I'm trying to hard and thinking I need something grand. Time to stop taking myself so seriously and enjoy the experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nikki, your painted and quilted fabrics are beautiful! The small photos didn't do them justice, but when I clicked to the larger pix - WOW! These are really cool!

Judy Rys said...

The fabric is gorgeous. Great job on the quilting, they have so much texture. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.