Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My First Craft Fair

I did my first craft fair last weekend. I needed something positive to focus on and my friend Mandy convinced me to join her at a fundraiser for the local Pregnancy Resources Center. The vendor fee went directly to a good cause so I didn't really have anything to loose. For a week and a half I was busy making Tea Gift Boxes, Mini Treasure Box Ornaments, Inchie Ornaments, Cards and Bookmarks. I also brought some framed pieces and mounted mini quilts. Everyone was impressed with the work. Unfortunately, we didn't have a lot of customers come through so sales were a little slow. I did enjoy the day hanging out with friends and came home with a few extra dollars in my pocket. Now I have decorations for my Christmas tree and Christmas cards to send out. And if I manage to get organized, I'll get a few more things up on my Etsy site.
P.S. Forgive my spotty posting -- my kids are now doing a computer based homeschool curriculum and have discovered the internet so I have to fight for my computer time.

No comments: