Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Off to Art-O-Mat They Go

 After finishing up my commission, I switched to the opposite size extreme and made a bunch of pieces for Art-O-Mat.  These little pieces have been on the back burner for a while.  I forgot how much fun they are to create.  Plus life at Art-O-Mat has been rather busy.  One of the busiest machine is at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.  There machine sells over 100 little piece of art a day, making for a nice check for the artists.  I'm also excited whenever I find out my work has been in the Whitney Museum  or the Smithsonian American Art Museum.  Plus, I just notice that they have a machine in Cairns, Austraila and Vienna, Austria .  As far as I know none of my work has travelled that far, but maybe one of these days I can check it out in person. 

Above are some of the "Dreams" pieces created with fabric beads -- each little scroll representing a dream hidden inside.  Below is my "I Felt" series.  I use hand dyed wool felt, ribbons, embellishments and a fun little word.  I love coming up with different words and then trying to match embellishments to the feelings.

 For my "Bits and Pieces" series I created these colorful little quilts from the scraps trimmed from my commission. I love how I can take what would normally be thrown away and transform it into a little piece of beauty. 



Finally, these are the pieces that I made from the Pizza Planet fabrics and fabric paper.

5 comments:

Suztats said...

Wow! You have been busy! Love it!

Bee said...

These are so cool!! I hope to find one in my local Art-O-Mat one day soon!

Gina said...

These are great! I'll check the Art-O-Mat at our local museum and see if they have some of your art!

Carol said...

I have an Art-o-mat piece you created back in 2007, and since have given away 4 others. I love how your work encapsulates the beauty for ashes theme that Art-o-mat attests to. While its great seeing the pieces as they go out, there's nothing like the joy that comes when ONE piece comes YOUR way at WHICH time of life. Carry on!

Diane Perin said...

Very cool -- and such a great array of art! You are very productive!