Monday, September 17, 2007

Twelve x Twelve

Diane Hock invited me to join the new small quilt challenge group, Twelve By Twelve. We are twelve artists creating 12" x 12" art quilts based on an inspirational word. I feel totally out of my league with these guys, but I will give it my best shot. Our first word is "Dandelion" thanks to Diane. This is proving to be quite the challenge for me, since the color yellow isn't my favorite and I am finding I can't seem to draw dandelions. The only thing going for me is the fact we seemed to have replaced our lawn with these prolific flowers. We have two months for each of these challenge quilts, so I am spending the first month exploring different ideas and filling a sketchbook. I will then have a month to complete the actual quilt due November 1st. Check out our blog to monitor every one's progress.

No comments: