Thursday, March 20, 2008

Collage Mania II -- Floating on Dreams

I created this piece for Virginia Spiegel's Collage Mania II, this year's Fiberart For a Cause American Cancer Society fundraiser. The piece is 7" x 6" and mounted on Bristol board. I created "Floating on Dreams" with blue quilted and painted fabric. I then overstitched with silver thread and a satin stitch and added the wire swirls to echo the fabric. The blue colors and swirling stitches remind me of getting lost in my thoughts, hence the name "Floating on Dreams." I'm enjoying this slightly larger size and adding the satin stitching lines. I have a feeling more of these pieces will be on the way.

3 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Wonderful piece Nikki!

Dianne said...

Gorgeous! I certainly hope more are on the way....

Cathie said...

One of the things I love most about your stuff Nikki -- is just that -- it's YOUR stuff. I would know it anywhere - it's significantly YOU.