Friday, March 28, 2008

Dandelion Breeze

A touch of sunshine on a crazy, snowy spring morning. We woke up to snow this morning! It rarely snows in the Puget Sound region in January, let alone spring. In my 34 years of living here, I can remember it snowing once at the beginning of March, but never at the end. I'm still waiting for the effects of global warming. I was hoping more for California weather than southern Alaska. Oh well, I guess I will have to create my own sunshine.
I created this piece from some experiments I thread painted while working on Dandelion ideas. The bright yellow thread adds a touch of cheer to the bright summery painted fabrics. I added the white satin stitching and wire swirls for the seed tuffs floating on the breeze. Right now I would be happy to see the seeds floating in the sunshine. The piece is 5-1/2" x 6-1/4", 8-1/2" x 11" framed.
Now its off to a watermelon picnic!

5 comments:

TracyB said...

Nikki, this is absolutely fabulous!! LOVE the colors and LOVE the spirals :)
It's snowing up my way in Kirkland today, what's up with that? Doesn't Mother Nature know it's Spring here? :)

Terri Stegmiller said...

I love this one Nikki!

Annica said...

Great piece! Love the colours!

Dora said...

Nikki - How Fab.. The quilt is a perfect way to display inches. It was so exciting to see my inches on your quilt these were the very first Inches I made.. Your work is lovely. I will add a link on my blog and spend more time later reading yours. Zippyscraftyblog.blogspot.com
Hope the watermelon picnic was fun.. We have to wait until June to enjoy huge watermelons here in Cyprus

Rice said...

I absolutely love this piece. Sorry, but I am really hoping it hangs around in your shop until I have some money. : ) If it does then this will be my very first purchased piece of art. So...sending subliminal message to everyone...no dandelion breeze...no dandelion breeze...