Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Art To Do List for Today

I've been busy creating quite the pile of inchies for a couple swaps. Now I just need to put the backing on them. I didn't have any fabric that would work, so I quickly dyed some up in the microwave with some Rit dye I had hanging around. I love how it turned out and it was so easy! Judy Coates Perez wrote an article about it for Quilting Arts. I highly recommend you check it out!

I also need to put the backing on some ATCs for another swap. The theme is "music." I named these "Song of my Hidden Heart." The horizontal ribbons reminded me of sheet music and the round washers of notes. I really know nothing about music, but I guess that is also the nature of the songs hidden so deep within our hearts. Its time to learn!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love these!! Where are you trading at? I'm over on atcsforall.com

MiloSez said...

Hi, Nikki. I just purchased one of your pieces from the Artomat in Chattanooga. Touch of Bling -- Wonderful piece! I think I'll put a pin back on in and wear it!(if I can get the card off of it without hurting the piece)

Look forward to following your blog. There are several of us here in Chattanooga who blog and twitter and love to follow other artists.

Give us a yell if you are ever in the south.

MiloSez, aka, Missy

Vivien Zepf said...

So cool, so cool. I'm still amazed at how you do it all....

Cathie said...

Oh my gosh - it's inchiepalooza. I've never seen so many inchies. But I guess once you're on a roll, you make large sheets and cut it up. But still..... dang girl!