Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Christmas Inchies

I created these inchies for a trade at Fiber Arts Bits. We are trading from 1-20 sets of five inchies each. The trade is open until December 1st so if you would like to participate feel free to jump over to the web site and sign up. I had so much fun with these that I couldn't stop at just the twenty sets. I created them with the same method I used for my experimental piece of fabric. I used the needle felting machine to create swirls of yarn on red and blue fabrics. I then free motion quilted with more swirls. I then cut them up into 1" squares and zig zagged around each. I then hand sewed each of the embellishments and hangers. My husband was very gracious and played Barbie, Polly Pocket and Go Fish with the kids while I was able to sew away. I think I will leave all our old Christmas ornaments packed up this year and decorate our tree with inchies. The kids wont be able to break them and I wont have to unpack everything. Here's a detailed view of each of the inchies:

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

They are really cute! A tree decorated all in inchies would be really neat.

Karoda said...

They are cute little gems...I've not succumbed to the inch making trend yet.

Doreen G said...

I reckon you are on to something here Nikki a Christmas tree decorated in inchies.

Kate said...

What a lovely idea! They would be such a nice alternative to commercial decorations.

Dianne said...

The Christms inchies are fantastic. Please show us your "Inchie Tree".....

Kate North said...

Nice Nikki - I hope I get some of yours (though I am only swapping 5 sets, so I might not). Someone I know said they were going to use their Christmas inchies on a wreath - I thought that was a good idea, but a whole tree covered in them might be fun, too.