Okay, I had a year for this project so why did I only finish it hours before I had to turn it in at our guild meeting? I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't always finish projects until the last minute. Our challenge for this years local quilt show was to pick a letter. The quilt was suppose to bring that letter to mind.
I chose "B" for book and used everything blue. I used quilted fabric that I painted with every shade of blue paint I own. The different values didn't come through very well in the photography. I think the late afternoon winter sun tends to blue everything even more. For the various embellishments I used Shrinky Dinks, Fabric Paper with rub on letters, scrapbooking letters, yarns, beads, wire, buttons, polymer clay tiles, ribbons and seed beads. Originally the back panel was suppose to be the front, but I stitched it to the wrong page. Not a big deal, just a fancier back cover than I expected.
This is the first fabric book that I have ever made so I was guessing as to how to put the whole thing together. I added a layer of Peltex to the front and back covers to make them a little stiffer. I added a 1" spine and stitched the panels to it with a zig-zag stitch. It actually came together a lot better than I expected given my limited time and experience.