Thursday, January 31, 2008

Another Peek at My Work Table

More playing with my purple fabric paper. I free motion quilted (or should I say embroidered?) a square of each of the papers. I'm not sure exactly what design I am going to use for this quilt, but now I have more materials to play with. I design very intuitivly--totally making it up as I go along. I can't see the design in my head. I have to be able to create it in from of me and then determine if I like it. I love the swirls of the thread and the contrast of the purple and copper foil.
This morning I realized how easy it would be to do the circles with the fabric paper. I cut out a bunch. Although I tried, I can't seem to get away from a geometic pattern. It must be that math side of my brain. I might paint some watercolor paper to stitch these onto. Who knows where we will end up.

No comments: