I've taken a few more steps on my Wildly Embellished Cross. First I added sequins to the cross. I'm not really sure about them. I like the smaller dark blue sequins, but the larger irridenscent white sequins are a little bright. I sewed them down and wasn't really going to pull them out. I figures that I will keep adding embellishments and hopefully that will tone them down. I also added the buttons around the border, another thing I'm not so sure about. Once again, I think more will help.
My next step was to start adding fibers to the cross. It now has a nice soft feeling. I used fufts of three different yarns and little bows of another. Next I'm planning on adding wire spirals and searching among my stash for anything else to add to the cross. Then I will work on the border.