Monday, May 21, 2007

Keeping Myself Out of Trouble

I'll try my hand at showing off some a few things I have been working on. I don't know if they are keeping me out of trouble or getting me into it-- What are those kids doing now? Honey, I think I need more supplies? Oh, look the UPS man, again. I currently have most of my work hanging from the curtain wire above my living room windows. I have found that I can hang most things with the small clips that are suppose to be for the curtain panels. I can see them well and they are out of the reach of dirty little hands. Visitors aren't too sure about my decorating sense, but I have always had a casual style. You can't be too fussy with four kids. Here are a couple art quilts I made with paper, beads, yarn and paint. The first to are 12x12. The third I mounted on a 16x20 painted canvas. I really like how it turned out. The colors of the flowers really pop. Working with the cheery colors and flower theme has been helpful this long, wet spring. Thankfully the sun is beginning to emerge on occasion. Here are a couple of purses that I made after receiving D'Arcy-Jean Milne's book Fabric Leftovers for Christmas. I tried a string of buttons for a strap. I really liked the look, but the buttons kept getting caught in my hair. I instead went with a long braid of embroidery floss and cord. They are handy little purses and I even have a matching card case for the purple one.

No comments: