Thursday, May 24, 2007

What Started it All

This was the first project that I began and the latest to finish. Before Christmas I found my first copy of Quilting Arts magazine. Previously, I thought all quilts were like the ones my mom and husband's grandma made. I had made quilts for my babies -- squares sewn together to make a nice blanket. Upon reading Quilting Arts, a light turned on and a whole new world opened. I tried a project from an article by Beryl Taylor. It included using felt, strips of fabric, embroidery stiches and beads. One wasn't enough, so I made six. For four months they sat pinned to my living room wall waiting for a more appropriate home. Finally they found their way onto this quilt. I used the same fabric from the strips for the blocks and beaded all the seams to tie it together. Now I just need to find a place to hang it in my soft, beachy colored home.

No comments: