Tuesday, May 22, 2007

You've Got Mail

In my spare moments throughout the day I have been having fun making fabric postcards. I began by painting fabric with hand me down acrylic paints, adding touches of Lumiere paint. I then cut them up and sewed them back together. They are my first attempt at free motion machine quilting. My husband bought me a fancy sewing machine last year and I am only now exploring its possibilities. These two are part of the first series that I made. Most I mailed out to friends without taking pictures. I don't have a name for the diagonal rainbow, but the other is Garden Dreams. I was able to play with these while my kids were next door playing with their faux grandparents. Thank you Chuck and Barb for my occasional oasis of peace. These I made as a celebration of Easter. Instead of mailing them I have them framed and hanging on my living room wall.

No comments: