Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Wild and Crazy for Kids

I had fun experimenting making two doll quilts for our guild to give to kids in need. My girls love bright colors, wild pattern and anything that sparkles. My family gave me a Viking Needle Felting machine for Mother's Day. I used it make the flowers from Fun Fur yarn and add a little something to the border. I am new at free motion machine quilting so the back isn't the prettiest. I know that my kids don't care, so I am hoping that others don't either. I added beads to the center of each flower to add a little sparkle. For the other quilt I used the fabric that I bought at JoAnn's day after Thanksgiving. This is what you get when you wake up at 4am to shop. It was the first time I have used angled strips in piecing. It is a quilt that is full of life, much like my house.

No comments: