Thursday, May 24, 2007

Life to the Full

Here's my first real attempt at Art with a message. Typically I have just tried to make something pleasing to the eyes, or that creates a happy mood. After making my little Bandaged Dreams ATC, I thought I could apply the idea to a quilt. One quilt expanded to three. My first thought was to contrast the state of living a bandaged life verses a truly healed life. So often one just puts a band-aid on one's dreams instead of truly living the life one was created to be. The third quilt is images of living in a state of destruction. I originally thought to display them moving from left to right, but after mounting them on canvas, determined that stacking them vertically was more appropriate. The three symbolize Sin and Death, Salvation, and Redemption. The concepts don't translate quite linearly, but instead speak to the process of moving from Death to Life to the Full. "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

2 comments:

Unknown said...

THese are just fantastic! I love them - what size are they

Nikki said...

They are 18" x 24" and currently sitting on our computer desk because I don't have a wall high enough to display them out of the reach of all the sticky fingers in our house.