Monday, July 9, 2007

Flower Power Challenge

QuiltArt is doing is doing a Flower Power Quilt challenge. The idea is to take a quiz to find out what type of flower you are. I found out I am a Sunflower. The smiling personality seemed to fit -- at least when the sun is shining and I'm not wilting.
I haven't been able to start the actual quilt, but I have been looking at sunflowers and doing some sketches. I did an interesting experiment where I sketched a sunflower from memory (it's been a while since I have looked at one) and then sketched actually looking at a sunflower. The difference was amazing. I need to make sure that I really look at something, not just draw that I think it looks like.
I also did a few experiments using cut paper and water soluable crayons on already quilted fabric.

No comments: